Finn Church Aid (FCA) is looking for a Funding Coordinator in the Haiti Country Office – based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Active responsibile for broadening FCA Haiti’s funding mix from international donors in close coordination with the Global Grants unit at FCA Headquarters and other relevant units as required. Tasks include proactive donor relations solicitation and cultivation, funding proposals, grants management, project monitoring, reporting and quality controlling
- Monitor international grant opportunities from institutional donors including EuropeAID, ECHO, UN agencies, USG, Diplomatic Mission/embassies, private sector, trusts & foundations. Identify and coordinate opportunities for funding in line with FCA’s strategic priorities and country programme in Haiti
- Build the capacity of expatriate and local staff in the field office to meet various donor requirements
- Build relationships with (I)NGOs, institutional donors, and other national or regional organizations and potential donors in Haiti, including ECHO, EU Commission, and UN agencies
- Fundraising and advocacy coordination with the sister organizations of FCA and ACT Alliance members and others
- Provide strategic input as a FCA representative on various networks (APRODEV, CONCORD)
- Undertake other duties as designated.
The contract for the assignment will be made from 1st of November 2012 until 31 October 2013. The assignment will begin with a short work orientation period in Helsinki, FCA HQ. The salary is based on FCA remunerating policy and monthly salary in the beginning of contract will be 3760 – 4108 €. The Funding Coordinator post is a non-family posting.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising for international development NGOs with specific expertise in institutional funding instruments
- Relevant experience working in developing countries including experience in capacity building or training
- Good knowledge or proven experience in project management, including project financial management
- Good understanding of humanitarian aid and development cooperation approaches and standards
- Willingness to travel to project implementation sites,
- Fluent in English.
We also appreciate that you:
- Are flexible and capable of working in challenging context in a multicultural environment
- Are comfortable with sharing accommodation with your colleagues
- Are an excellent communicator and active networker
- Have good problem-solving skills and
- Have basic skills in French
For more information please contact Eija Alajarva, Head of Asia, Europe, Middle East and Latin America and the Caribbean Unit, +358 40 582 1183 or eija.alajarva(at)kirkonulkomaanapu.fi.