The Humanitarian Coordinator will coordinate FCA’s humanitarian activities both in the immediate emergency response and in the longer term humanitarian assistance in South Sudan. S/he shall contribute to international fundraising and ACT Alliance activities in the country. The Humanitarian Coordinator will report to the Country Representative of the FCA South Sudan Country Office (SSUCO) in Juba, South Sudan.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop FCA’s country humanitarian strategy for South Sudan in accordance with FCA’s policies and guidelines
- Establish, coordinate and be responsible for high quality programmatic work (PMER) and development of partner cooperation
- Be proactive in acute emergencies on relevant responses within the framework of ACT Alliance (local forums) and UN cluster coordination
- Represent FCA in humanitarian action related networking
- Contribute to capacity building of partner organisations in close cooperation with ACT South Sudan Forum
- Contribute to local and international fundraising
- Communication and advocacy on FCA humanitarian aid in the country
- Undertake other duties as designated
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Minimum 2 year experience in working in program related field operation or field activities in developing countries and having knowledge of South Sudan context
- Proven experience (at least three years) and capacity in humanitarian project management (PMER), including project financial management
- Experience with data collection, management, analysis and report production
- Experience and capacity to collaborate with partners at multiple levels
- Good understanding of humanitarian approaches and standards
- Demonstrated skills in Disaster Risk Reduction with special emphasis on preparedness planning
- Gender analysis skills and an understanding of the practical significance of gender issues in humanitarian environment
- Experience in cooperating with local organizations (NGOs, church and faith based organization) and international actors
- Strategic thinker and good context analysis skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office package
- Strong English writing skills to prepare reports, promotional materials and oral presentations
- Proven team orientation skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-cultural skills
- Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural environment
- Willing to travel in the country (requirement of valid driving license)
We also appreciate that you:
- Are committed to and have experience in building the capacity of local partners
- Are good at communicating and networking
- Are familiar with the South Sudanese context
The contract for the assignment will be made for 12 months starting as soon as possible with possible further extension. The assignment will begin with a work orientation period in Helsinki, FCA HQ. The salary is based on FCA collective agreement. Monthly salary in the beginning of contract will be 2874 - 3269 €.
Interested candidates should submit their application by 19th June 2012.
For more information please contact Dr. Ben Malinen, South Sudan Country Representative, tel. +211 917 260 699 or ben.malinen (at)kua.fi.